- A DVLA Timed Auction differs from a traditional DVLA Live Auction in that there is no live, physical auction to attend.
Bidders submit “Maximum Bids” which are invisible to other bidders and bidding starts at the reserve price (plus charges) for each registration.
- If there is competitive bidding activity on a Lot the auction system will increase bids in £10 increments on behalf of a registered bidder up to their Maximum Bid. If someone’s Maximum Bid is outbid, the under-bidder will be sent an email inviting them to increase their Maximum Bid (only if they have registered and bid online).
- When the End Time has passed, each Lot will be sold to the highest bidder for the amount of their winning bid.
- The “Sliding End Time” is to prevent auction sniping, or the practise of rival bidders outbidding each other with just seconds to go before the deadline.
- Every Lot has a published “End Time” on the website which is the deadline by which all bids must be received.
- When any bidding activity takes place in the final 30 minutes before the deadline, it will cause the End Time to slip back a further 30 minutes for that particular lot.
- It’s free and easy to use and you can submit your bids securely. Once you have placed your bids, you will have the freedom to increase your bids up until the End Time.
- You cannot cancel bids once placed.
If you do not have access to the Internet, you can submit your bids by using the Bidder Registration Form in the Timed Auction catalogue. This should be completed and returned to the auctioneers by post, email or fax, to arrive at least 24 hours before the closing day of the auction.
- For these “offline” bidders, we regret we cannot inform you before the End Time if your Maximum Bid is exceeded.
- These are the minimum prices at which Lots will be sold. All registrations have a Reserve Price (plus charges). Please note that these do not include the additional charges of VAT, Buyer’s Premium (+ VAT) and Assignment Fee.
- You may like to check our auction sold facility: dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/search/previousauction-plates.html to see what similar registrations have sold for at previous auctions.
- The lowest bid that will be accepted is the Reserve Price for each Lot. You can make any bid you like above the Reserve Price, but it must be in increments of £10. No bids in pence will be taken.
- The current highest bid on each Lot will be visible at all times. You cannot view the Maximum Bids of other bidders.
- You will be able to see online the status of all the Lots on which you have placed a bid. If your Maximum Bid has been exceeded by another bidder, you will be sent an email to inform you (only if you have registered and bid online). You may then be able to increase your Maximum Bid before the End Time.
- The final prices for all Lots will be visible online at the end of the auction.
- You will be informed by email soon after the Lot End Time has been reached.
- Full payment will be required, including all the extras for Buyer’s Premium, VAT and the Assignment Fee, within 5 working days. If you have bid online you will be sent an email confirming your purchase.
- The system will not accept any bid below the Reserve Price. If a registration does not receive a bid it will be declared as “Unsold”, the DVLA may, at its discretion, include such registrations in future auctions.
- All registrations purchased in a DVLA Auction are supplied on a V750 Certificate of Entitlement and the Assignment Fee is included in the final purchase price (see ‘What Will It Cost?). There is no further charge for DVLA to assign that registration to a vehicle registered in the name of either the Purchaser or the Nominee (if specified)
The table shows how the sale price relates to the final amount you will have to pay. It is important to set yourself an affordable limit before you bid and to be aware of the additional costs. When doing this please bear in mind that the hammer price is subject to VAT, the Auctioneer’s Buyer’s Premium 8% (minimum £40 +VAT) together with the £80 Assignment Fee.
|Sale Price||VAT on HP||BP||VAT on BP||Assgn Fee||Total|